The purpose of this committee is to monitor and advocate for CACLD at the state and national level, on legislative and policy issues that have a potential impact on the management and practices of crime laboratories, or on the forensic science profession.
Possible / Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with regional / national forensic groups, the CA legislature, the U.S. Congress and the Executive Branch to represent CACLD’s interests in addressing legislative proposals and to advocate policies that promote the best interests and practices for the forensic science profession.
- Attend related meetings / conferences.
- Seek to build consensus with other forensic leadership organizations to address issues / concerns of mutual interest.
- Establish networks with forensic science stakeholders in order to promote the positive contributions of the profession.
- Gather and provide information needed / requested by such policy and decision-makers.
- Inform and advise the CACLD Board on any issues or related matters.
- Provide semi-annual report of activities to the Board and the membership.